Tuesday 23 October 2012

Homemade Nursery Decorations

When i got married to my husband Simon in 2010 i made a lot of the wedding decorations myself. I'd never done anything like that before and i discovered it was sooo much fun and really rewarding to see how things came together.
After the wedding i didn't really have any need to make anything, so i put my glue gun to one side and got on with life.

Then when we found out we were expecting a little girl i just knew there would be something i could make for her nursery that would sate my need for something crafty.

I had planned on making the decorations long before the baby was due, but as things worked out we didn't finish painting her nursery until about 3 weeks before she arrived and so i spent my last few weeks of pregnancy sat on our living room floor surrounded in tissue paper and ribbon. It was hard work doing arts and crafts with an enormous belly. But, for me, it was totally worth it.

This was a garland i made to hang on the wall above her cot and also to hang from some shelves in the room.



And then these were the tissue paper pommanders i made to hang from the ceiling in the corner of her room. She has loved them since she was very young. She used to lay on her changing table and stare at them and now she is bigger if you hold her she knocks them so they swing around.

 Its lovely for me to know that something i made with my own hands provides her with some sense of enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment