Sunday 13 January 2013

My first craft project.....my wedding

As i have mentioned in previous posts the first time i ever did anything crafty was for my wedding in 2010. At the time i loved reading blogs by American brides and also sites like Project Wedding where i would marvel over the ingenuity and talent of these other brides-to-be!
As our wedding date approached i decided to take the plunge and try my hand at homemade wedding decorations and stationary. Looking back i can't believe i did this as if it had all gone wrong i don't know what i would have done, but i am glad i was brave (or reckless) as it turned out wonderfully and i discovered a new love and hobby and a tiny bit of talent.
I decided to make:
* table names
* table plan
* place cards
* wedding card box
* sign for candy buffet
* sign for guest book
* tissue paper pommanders to line the aisle
* seat names for family and wedding party in the ceremony
Let me know what you think?
Table plan:

Wedding Card post box:

Tissue paper pommanders:

Table names:

candy buffet sign:

place cards (we tied them to the back or each chair with yellow ribbon....one less thing on the table)

Ceremony place cards (for close family and wedding party):

It was hard work putting all of this together whilst planning a wedding, but also strangely calming to have something tangible to focus my energies on each evening instead of the general dramas and stresses that come with planning a wedding. On the day, after we were married, it was fulfilling and satisfying to see little pieces of me all over the venue, i had firmly put my stamp on the day. I was proud, and trust me, i do not have a tendancy to feel proud of myself, quite the opposite in fact.
Even more gratyfying was that people didn't even realise the decorations were homemade. Yay me!!! I believe on our wedding DVD you can see my brother give me a high-five, and i remember clearly that high-five was offered when he found out i had made all of the above.

So to any bride-to-bes reading this and wondering if they can do it, or if they should do it? Yes and Yes!! Its a great experience and really adds a little extra to your already special day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma,
    You put a great effort on your special event.. I admire what you have done. It is a great satisfaction for you, for making it very special. Thanks for sharing and congratulations.
    outdoor wedding venues

    ReplyDelete